Disclaimer

Disclaimer. After nearly 40 years managing money for some of the largest life offices and investment managers in the world, I think I have something to offer. These days I'm retired, and I can't by law give you advice. I do make mistakes, but I try hard to do my analysis thoroughly, and to make sure my data are correct. Remember: the unexpected sometimes happens. The expected does too, but all too often it takes longer than you thought it would.

The Goddess of Markets punishes (eventually) greed, folly, laziness and arrogance. No matter how many years you've served Her. Take care. Be humble. And don't blame me.

BTW, clicking on most charts will produce the original-sized, i.e., bigger version.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Tesla's "semi" truck -- and a new roadster

On Friday, Elon Musk presented Tesla's new semi truck:

  • 20% cheaper than diesel
  • faster (smooth underside, greater power, greater acceleration, sustained uphill speeds)
  • recharged in half an hour, using a new network of Tesla megachargers, powered entirely by the sun, with guaranteed fixed price of  7 cents/kWh. 
  • 1 million mile breakdown guarantee
  • unbreakable windscreen.
  • will stop automatically if driver has medical emergency
  • has 500 mile range (twice the distance of the average semi trip distance)
  • recharges in half an hour.
  • starts shipping in 2019 (but we must allow for Elon time)
As for the new roadster .... wow!

Have a look at the short version of the presentation, below.

No comments:

Post a Comment